She teaches piano, here, at LSSM, and the students love her!
Get to know our new teacher!
1. What first inspired you to learn a musical instrument, and how old were you at the time?
As a young child, I enjoyed singing at home and in church, though my training in piano and other instruments came much later.
2. How many instruments do you play?
I am classically trained in voice,and I also play the piano, clarinet, guitar, and the Appalachian dulcimer.
3. How long have you been teaching music?
I've taught music for over 30 years to very young children ranging in age from infants to preschoolers, to elementary and middle school students, and to undergraduate and graduate students in colleges and universities.
4. What is your favorite thing about being a music teacher?
As a music teacher I love getting to help others learn new things about music and then watching them grow as musicians.
5. What is your favorite thing about LSSM, so far?
What I've enjoyed most about LSSM, so far, has been the students and the friendly staff.
6. What are your favorite hobbies and past times?
I enjoy indoor gardening, reading, listening to music, and spending time with my family.
She is such a kind and welcoming person, and we can't help but brag about her. We're so glad to have her on the team!